As the turn-of-the-century brought the next generation of restless, progressive entrepreneurs leaving their homes in the Midwest to carve out a new home, the population centered on Laurel where the sawmills saw blacks and whites working side-by-side, a growing middle class of merchants arise, Mississippi’s first museum built and the first public school for African-American children established.
Today, Laurel Machine & Foundry Co. operates as a general contract shop, offering a full range of services including:
- Full Line Metal Service Center
- Structural, sheet, and plate fabrication in carbon, stainless steels, and aluminum, including tubing, pipe, mitered fittings, and forged steel flanges. Our fabricated products also include pressure vessels and storage tanks, as well as fabricated steel assemblies.
- Manufacturing and repair of custom machinery and machine parts from carbon and stainless steel, brass, and aluminum, for new and used equipment.
- Casting work in gray iron, alloy gray iron, ductile iron, both rough and machined. Casting can be poured in sizes from 25 pounds to 7,000 pounds.
- Mill supplies, including over 10,000 industrial and oil field mill supply items.
1904 – Laurel Machine and Foundry Co. established as a manufacturer and supplier of metal parts for the Lindsey Eight-Wheel Wagon Factory.
1911 – James Warren (Jim) Mulloy and brother Richard Edward (Dick) Mulloy purchase Laurel Machine and Foundry Co. with eight employees housed in two wooden buildings.
1912 – James Warren (Jim) Mulloy becomes President (First Generation)
1912 – Richard Edward (Dick) Mulloy becomes Vice President (First Generation)
1917 – Richard Edward (Dick) Mulloy becomes President (First Generation)
1917 – Lilley Q. Mulloy becomes Vice President and Secretary-Treasurer (First Generation)
1918 – First Machine Shop constructed
1924 – LMF builds first “explosion” gun for Mr. Mason, inventor of Masonite
1939 – James Patrick (Pat) Mulloy becomes Vice President (Second Generation)
1948 – Current Fabrication Shop constructed
1963 – Current general Machine Shop constructed
1972 – Patrick Eugene (Gene) Mulloy becomes Vice President (Third Generation)
1974 – Supply House opens to public
1979 – Foundry Division switches to all-electric induction furnaces.
1982 – Patrick Eugene (Gene) Mulloy becomes President (Third Generation)
1982 – James William (Jim) Mulloy becomes Vice President (Third Generation)
1989 – Foundry division relocates to Hawkes Industrial Park with a new 50,000 sq. /ft. facility
1997 – Trent Alan Mulloy becomes Vice President (Fourth Generation)
1999 – LMF Celebrates its 95th Anniversary
1999 – CNC Machining Division relocates to Hawkes Industrial Park with a new 30,000 sq. /ft facility and the largest horizontal machining center in the state of Mississippi (Mazak FK-1080)
2002 – LMF gains ISOO 9001:2000 Certification
2004 – LMF Celebrates its 100th Anniversary
2005 – Patrick Eugene (Gene) Mulloy becomes CEO of Laurel Machine and Foundry Co. (Third Generation)
2005 – Trent Alan Mulloy becomes President of Laurel Machine and Foundry Co. (Fourth Generation)
2007 – Robotic welding system installed
2011 – 1500kw power unit / (2) 7200lb furnaces installed at Foundry
2014 – Laurel Machine and Foundry Co. celebrates 110th anniversary